Monday, December 20, 2010

In-progress: a yellow and gray library

We have an extra room on the first floor of our house that we've used as a guest bedroom. Truth be told, it's more accurately the "messy room" in our house (and that is really what we call it). It's the room where we dump random stuff that doesn't have a home (and only gets cleaned up when we do have a guest) . The doors stay shut so I don't have to look at the mess. The problem is that Nathan really wants a library so we have some place to put all his books, but we do need a place for guests to sleep when they visit. To solve this problem, Nathan's dad graciously offered to make a murphy bed. It is about 90% done, so I've been having fun coming up with ideas on how we want the finished room to look. Here is a little mood board I made with different elements and the color scheme I want to incorporate:
Yellow and gray is one of my current favorite color combos. I have started collecting yellow and gray fabrics to make a quilt for the bed. Now I just have to find a cool yellow chaise lounge like that. And figure out what to do with all the "stuff" that has lived so carelessly in the messy room.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how well you plan and 'visualize' your new space. I know it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete