Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby Jack's quilt

I created this blog a long time ago, and the idea for it even longer ago. Nathan and I want a place where we can document all the various projects we do, but it seems a little overwhelming to go back in time and post everything. So I guess we'll chip away at it, and see what happens.

I got the nicest phone call from my good friend Casey the other day telling me how much she loves the quilt I made for her little baby Jack, and how when she brings it to play dates all the other babies are attracted to it. That made me feel so good, and made all the time and effort I put into it worth it. So I thought I'd kick off this blog with one of my favorite baby quilts I've made, Baby Jack's quilt.

It started out in a blue and orange theme, which happens to be one of my current favorite color combos. I ordered this lovely little selection of fabric from this Etsy shop:
I used this tutorial to make the quilt and broke two needles while quilting it.
But I love how it turned out...

The fabrics are a mix of Monaluna, Joel Dewberry and Lizzy House in a variety of oranges and blues.

And here is what the back looks like....


My not-very-fancy-or-skilled corner binding stitches

And the whole thing

I'm so happy Baby Jack loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Krista, while your pictures are beautiful, they simply don't to justice to the amazing quilt you made for my little one. I'm happy that Baby Jacks project was the first on your new blog!

    Thanks again!! Love you,
    Casey

    ReplyDelete